Wednesday, October 1, 2008

FALL-in In Love with Fall

I love fall. I especially love fall in Cache Valley. There's something about a small town this time of year that's magic! Whether it's the leaves crunching beneath your feet as you walk across campus, the orange maple tree tunnel on 2nd East, or the annual pumpkin walk... *sigh*... I'm in love.

And then there's the canyon. Ever since my freshman year when I made my first trip to see the leaves with my roommates, I've been obsessed with it. When September rolls around, I watch eagerly as the red creeps down the mountain side. Timing is everything. If you go too early, all the good picture-taking spots are still green. Going too late is even more of a disaster. Who wants to see all the leaves on the ground? I think we were pretty good this year. I panicked a little bit when we entered the canyon and all I saw was green. But the longer we drove, the better it got. We found the perfect little spot. See for yourself...


Ok, so this one's not "fall-ish." But don't they look cute?

"Hmm... I can't figure out what you guys are so excited about..."

Sadie getting toted around on daddy's shoulder

Sunshine coming through the trees

In the mini-grove (NOT of the Joseph Smith variety. Obviously.)

"Could someone please tell me what these poky things are that I'm sitting on?"

Wow. So pretty!

8 comments:

  1. you guys are so cute together. I love being in the mountains in the fall. I am going to try and convience my husband to go to the mountains

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I think we are going to do that sometime this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that first trip up the canyon. It was so so fun. I have the picture we took up in my room. Great memories. As I remember it was right after I broke my wrest and it was the night the Marc really started he pursuing me crush. Only a few days before he asked me to homecoming. Oh the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your captions under Sadie's pictures. You are quite creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, I totally agree, fall is magical! I LOVE Logan Canyon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SADIE IS SO FREAKIN' CUTE! I am just dying looking at these pictures. She's even getting hair! And I'm so jealous that you're in Logan for fall. I miss it a lot. And of course we miss you a lot! You need to bring Sadie to see her boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those pictures are amazing! We plan on heading up the cnayon this weekend for a little romp in the leaves ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it's gorgeous out there right now! I love fall. I love colorful leaves. I love fall family pictures (or fall roommate pictures, whatever :) Super cute.

    ReplyDelete