Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Half Birthday = Happy {Day 8}

A lot can happen in six months.

For example, a certain little girl can go from this...




...to this. Yep. Six months can do a lot.




Our little 6-month-old Ellie...
is happiest when she's sitting up, able to see the world around her

devours solid food like there's going to be a worldwide shortage (carrots and peas were both a huge hit - she didn't even pull a face upon taking her first bite)

popped out her first tooth last night in celebration of her half birthday

is such a happy, goodnatured baby despite the aforementioned tooth

babbles and chatters almost as much as her sister

recently started wearing 6-9 month-sized clothes (which Sadie was wearing at about 10 months - sooo weird)

weighs about 17 lbs (according to the Wii Fit) and is about 26 inches long.

has mastered a fake laugh but still gives out full versions of the real thing - especially when patti-cake or peek-a-boo is involved

and is pretty much the light of our little lives.


Happy half birthday, Ellie Jean! 

(And yes, I'm counting this as my "happy" for the day. Because there's not much in this world that brings a bigger smile to my face than this little girl.)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! she is ADORABLE! and SO chubby! i love chubby babies! chubby is the best in my book :) Kate got her second tooth on her 1st birthday (she's a late bloomer :)) it must be something about special occasions that make them want to celebrate by getting a new tooth! how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is 6 months already!!! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy half-birthday Ellie - you are certainly on my list of top "happies"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those cheeks! I adore her. Happy half birthday to our babies!

    Oh, and I'm loving this happy project you've got going on. I should probably do it too. Maybe then I wouldn't be so grumpy. :)

    ReplyDelete