Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy {Day 19}

"Homeward Bound" is probably my all-time favorite song. I call it "my" song. I first heard it back in high school when we sang it in choir and I fell in love with it. I've told Kevin many times that I want it sung at my funeral someday. (Is that morbid?)

I love the music, but what I really love most is the lyrics. I love to think of them as us - children of God - speaking to our Heavenly Father.

If you don't really dig Mormon Tabernacle Choir, you may not get why I love it so much. But their version makes me cry EVERY TIME. But it's most definitely a happy cry. :)

3 comments:

  1. My mom told me she had heard it the other day too. I don't like the Tab Choir version, but I absolutely loved singing it in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song too!! And this version is AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing, Nat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim and I both LOVE this song, too! We used to listen to that CD every Sunday. We need to start that tradition again!

    ReplyDelete