You are my happy today. I thought about writing you this little letter and mailing it to you for your birthday today, but I want everyone to know how completely awesome I think you are. I know it will totally embarass you, but hey - at least I'm not telling them how old you are. :)
Basically, this little note is a "thank-you" note. Because really, I have a lifetime of things to thank you for that I'll never be able to fit into this one blog post. Instead, I'm going to just skim the surface by saying thank you for...
Being the one person I can talk to on the phone for over an hour. Did you know that I don't talk to anyone else like that? I normally don't like talking on the phone. But with you, I don't give it a second thought.
Being a really, really great grandma to my girls. I love that you are just as excited about them and their silly little milestones as I am. And they love you to pieces because of it.
| Isn't the look on my mom's face versus the look on Ellie's face just priceless? |
Making me laugh. Like, cracking-up, rolling-on-the-floor, can't-catch-my-breath kind of laughter. You always seem to know when I need to hear a random, funny story about something that happened to you.
| My mom and dad. Probably THE most awesome picture I have of them. |
Teaching me about completely giving yourself over to service for another person. I don't think you realize, to this day, the impact it had on me as a kid to watch you take care of Great-Grandma Boshard when no one else would or could.
Still loving me despite seeing me at my very worst. (Rotten teenage years? Two days post-partum and a crazy, emotional wreck? Yeah. Enough said.)
Listening to me complain and vent without judgment.
Teaching me that a clean home really is a happier home (this one sounds dumb but I really do credit my obsession with having the dishes done before I can sleep to you :)).
Teaching me what it is to love your kids unconditionally. There is no doubt in my mind - or anyone else's - about how much you love us.
| Entertaining my girls on one of those moving days. |
And, last but not least... thank you for being my best friend in the entire world.
Happy Birthday! I love you.
Love,
Nat(My awesome cousin, Tara - who is also doing this 100 Days of Happy thing - posted about my mom today as well. You can read about why Tara thinks she's wonderful here.)
Oh yours made my cry! I feel the same about my Mom. However, If I didn't have my Mom, I would choose yours. Great post with great pictures Natalie!!!
ReplyDeleteWait I have one more comment..you signed your letter Nat. Can you do that? I SPECIFICALLY remember getting in trouble from your Mom for calling you Nat. I believe your Mom used to say - "Nat is a bug". When did this change?
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post! Moms are the best!
ReplyDeleteAnd I remember some of the troubles you caused your mom in those teenaged years...remember that night we ran out of gas? lol!
Whatever - she calls me "Nat" all the time. And for as long as I can remember. She really got mad at you for that? Sheesh. :)
ReplyDeleteSo I started reading this at work and totally had to shut it down because I didn't want everyone to see me crying! Thank you so much for making me your "happy" today. I love you so much and am so proud of the awesome woman, wife, mother and daughter that you are! You made my day!
ReplyDeleteI seem to remember when you were younger that it bugged me when people called you Nat.....not sure when I got over that but I guess I must have!
You do have an incredible mother! I am happy to know her and your family so well!!!
ReplyDeleteMoms are the BEST!! And someday, I your little girls will be writing this about you!!
ReplyDelete