I have, however, been hit with a bit of a crafting bug lately. So, since I don't have a drop of my own creativity, I've copied a couple of ideas from some of the popular craft blogs out there.
(By the way, have you ever really perused all the craft blogs out there? If not, I'm here to tell you, those women are insane. Popping out brand-new, beautiful, creative crafts every other day like they're nothing. The thing I don't understand is, most of them have little kids. How they have time for stuff like that, I will never, ever understand. But I digress... :))
So here are the three teeny, tiny little crafty things I've done in the past couple of weeks. All in the name of Valentine's Day, too (a holiday I'm really not very fond of - but at least the crafts are fun).
And guess what? Despite the fact that they took me what seemed like WAY too long, when all was said and done, it most definitely made me happy to look at them. I guess there is something to be said for the satisfaction that comes from creating something!
![]() |
| A little appliqued shirt for Sadie. I've wanted to try appliqueing something for a long time, and after finally trying it, I'm here to tell you - super simple! (These are all over, but I used this blog as a reference.) |
![]() |
| This little heart garland was by far the easiest one. Took me an hour, tops - and that's only because I'm not a very good heart cutter-outer. This idea came from here. |
![]() |
| And this one's my favorite. It took FOREVER to roll all those roses, but guess what they're made out of? Crepe paper streamers! Hello! Cheap! And I think it turned out adorable. Someday, I'm hoping to make a couple more to hang in Sadie's room. (Idea from here.) |



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOkay, so on that last post, I ended up spelling the word verification in the comment...so it ended something like "gurtanu". Anyway, love the crafts!! Especially the roses. I can't believe that they are made out of streamers!! Go Nat!!
ReplyDeleteLove them! Seriously Natalie you need your own crafting posts. It really is funny you said this because I do this EXACT thing, find something, spend days on it and wonder how those people do it. I have a whole "draft" post on this in my head...
ReplyDeleteYay! I've been needing some good V-day decor--all I have is a heart shaped candy dish!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to make these (and that wreath too, so cute!)