Saturday, April 9, 2011

8 Months and Happy {Day 67}


Little Ellie-baby is eight months old today! Here are the factoids about what our kiddo has been up to this past month:


She's a mommy's girl, which means she cries in protest whenever I leave her sight. It's mostly annoying.

If she doesn't get her 30 ounces a day, including one bottle right before she goes to bed (plus plenty of solid food), she wakes up in the night or really early in the morning, wailing like a starving orphan. In case you haven't noticed, she is so not a starving orphan. You'd think she could draw some calories from those chubby little legs of hers to get her through the occasional night when we haven't stayed on as strict of a schedule. sigh...


She loves her solids, but the number of diaper blowouts we go through in a day because of them is ridiculous.

She has seven teeth with her eighth one most likely coming in today or tomorrow.

She's a (very loud) jabberbox. Imitating her sister, maybe? Her favorite thing to say is "ya ya ya ya ya ya..."

She finally rolled from back to front a few days ago. Yeah, yeah. We know. She's a slowpoke. Way behind other babies her age...yada, yada. However, with the rolling has come the realization that movement IS an option and she's started scooting around a bit. A couple of days ago she scooted over to the DVD tower and when I looked up from my sewing project, this is what I saw:


One of my favorite moments of the day with her is when we walk into her room for naptime. As soon as she sees me situating her blanket, she immediately snuggles her little head into my shoulder and starts rubbing her eyes. Melts my heart.

And my completely unrelated happy today is...

SPRING COLORS!


It's been a winter wonderland here for the past three days, so every time I look at these pretty little eggs, I smile.

(And look! If you peer really closely, you can see me reflected in those eggs! I love my camera lens. :))

4 comments:

  1. Go Ellie! There are some things Charli is ahead of the times with (back to tummy rolling, needy, etc) but super slow in others (HATES tummy time still....). They definitely grow how they want and when they want! Love those spring colors too! Too bad it's going to winter for us, but without autumn colors. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven? Seven teeth? Holy moly! We've only got two each over here. Seven is amazing! But I'm sure getting to seven was horrendous. Ugh. Teething is awful. And my girls are the same. If they don't hit their 30, my life is awful. Yay for the babies being 8 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 8 months my sweet, adorable Ellie Jean! Grandma loves you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe she is already 8 months!! It's amazing how fast these little ones grow up!!

    ReplyDelete