Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy {Day 73}


I think it's high time Miss Sadie Shay landed a spot on my happy list, don't you?

Life with a 3-year old is just funny. She is constantly saying things and doing things that make me laugh. Sometimes in a you're-a-hilarious-kid kind of way, sometimes in a shake-my-head, you're-crazy kind of way.

Just today, she was having a bit of a rough morning. By 10:00, I'd had it with the whining and the dramatic, sobbing breakdowns and I shut her in her room for a few minutes. She hates to be shut in her room (she always calls it "being locked in the tower"), so of course the crying just escalted. After a minute or two, I heard her in there crying, "Why you doing this to me mommy, why? Silly-ously (seriously)...let me out!"

It had the desired effect. I busted out laughing and went to let her out.

She also does this thing where when she wants my attention, she says, "Mommy, mommy. I gotta tell you some-ting." Then when I ask what, she says, "Hmmm... let me fink." And then she proceeds to tell me some random story about when she was a "little baby long, long time ago." (Her favorite subject for some odd reason.)

Love her.

Love her vivaciousness, her passion for life, and her emotional, spunky little personality. This girl makes me happy every day and I feel lucky to be her momma.

4 comments:

  1. Sadie is the greatest. Such a funny little girl with so much personality! Don't take this the wrong way, but I just remember her first Sunday in nursery and how Karissa and I had no idea how to make her stop crying. We tried everything. If only she could have adorably talked herself out of that one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that!! Haha! She's so cute! What a great age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! I love that she calls it being locked away in the tower. Maybe you should limit the Tangled watching!
    Carson does the same things. He ALWAYS gets out of his bed at night and then when we ask him what he needs he says "I just need to give you three kisses.." in his cute little voice!
    other than the breakdowns I love this age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love kids!! Isn't it amazing how even on the days when you feel like you've had it with their whining, there's still something that reminds you how much you love them!

    ReplyDelete