Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Victory! (And a Happy)

Can I brag just a teeny-tiny bit?

Guys, I sewed the girls' Easter dresses this year! HOLLA! (I've never actually written "holla" before. How did I do? Did I sound cool? Am I totally negating the coolness by writing all this dorky stuff in parentheses?)

Anyways, I'm just a tiny bit proud of myself. Because, news flash: I hate sewing. Hate, hate, hate it. I think it's frustrating and monotonous and frustrating and it gives me a headache and... did I mention that it's frustrating? I can't even tell you how many times I had to use my little stich-ripper thingamabob to undo the stitches I messed up on. It's embarassing, really.

Despite my disdain for sewing, though, I still feel like I should at least put an effort into it. I guess it's my inner desire to be at least a little bit domestic. So a couple times a year (if that), I'll drag out my little sewing machine and throw myself into some project like this. And then I get so fed up when I'm finally done with said project that I pack my machine away, vowing that it will never again see the light of day. But so far, it always makes it way back out again. Eventually.

Anyways, you'll have to wait to see the actual finished products because Ellie's isn't all the way done yet. I did have hers finished, and then tried it on her only to find out that it was waaay too small. Silly me, thinking my kid would fit into a standard 6-9 month size. Whoops. :)

For now, though, here's a little sneak peek at the fabric, which I'm completely in love with:


And this definitely counts as a happy. I finished a sewing project! It's amazing! A miracle!

6 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congrats! I can't wait to see the pictures cause that fabric is super cute! I still have a bit to go on mine... :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love sewing...although it does tend to make me want to rip my hair out occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I like sewing, but only when it's a fairly simple project and it goes fairly smoothly...which generally doesn't happen. Anyway, I love the fabric!! I'm excited to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on sewing their Easter outfits I can't wait to see the finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are ambitious. I only sew things that call for straight lines. That means that I have sewn baby blankets and burp cloths. The fabric is awesome, I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see them! And that fabric is adorable!

    ReplyDelete