Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy {Day 72}

Learning makes me happy.

Most the time, I'm over-the-moon glad to be out of school. I do not miss the tests and the classroom politics and the group projects (shudder).

But I do miss learning and thinking and analyzing...you know, all that normal school stuff. I miss having a concept just click. And, in my case, I miss writing and editing. (Okay, I still write, obviously. But this blog is quite different than the writing I used to do.)

Lately, though, I've been reading Jesus the Christ. And wow...I feel like I'm back in some college lit class. That book is intense. I've read some pretty deep books in my life (Les Miserables, anyone?), but this one has me constantly re-reading paragraphs after going, "huh? what did he just say?" Despite the slow going, though, I'm loving it. I love learning all these fascinating details about the life of Christ. I love that my testimony is increasing at the same time. I feel like my brain is finally getting a long-overdue workout. And it makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm not the only one! I miss that learning sector of my brain so much. Maybe I should give Jesus the Christ a go too...

    ReplyDelete