It makes me happy that I get to stay home with my kids.
Believe me, I've been on the other side, and it was not for me. I didn't really love my job in the first place, but having to be there while others were watching my baby for me (even if that "other" was usually Kevin) just about killed me. Staying home is definitely my "niche." I get a deep sense of satisfaction from spending my day raising my kids. Even on the worst days when the house is a disaster, Ellie won't let me put her down, and Sadie has begged me for a snack for the umpteenth time, I don't find myself wishing I could go back to work (although that, too, might be because of the not-so-appealing job I'd be trading it for).
I love my kids. And although staying home is sometimes one of the most taxing things I've ever had to do, I am incredibly grateful that Kevin has been blessed with a job that allows me to do it.
Ditto! Well, except for the part where my hubby has a job so I can ...hopefully soon! :)
ReplyDeleteAmen! I love it. :)
ReplyDeleteAgreed!! And you girls are so stinkin' cute!! Who wouldn't love staying home with them!
ReplyDelete