Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy {Day 63}

My official happy today (since the one I posted earlier was meant for yesterday...oops :)) is play group.

I actually go to two play groups now. (I know - am I the multitasking Mormon mommy or what?!) The one we go to for our new ward is great, but we're still the "newbies" and trying to get to know everyone.

Our "original" playgroup, however, is the one that makes me happy. Really, it's more of a standing weekly play date. The four of us used to all be in the same ward, but three of us have since moved away. Despite living at opposite ends of the valley, we still get together once a week to chat and let our kids play.

Now, being a stay-at-home mom is great. I'm sure the wonderfulness of my "job" will make it onto this happy list in the future. But I'll tell ya, those three women have become my weekly salvation. After talking to a 3-year old chatterbox all day every day, sitting down for some good girl talk is like a cold drink of water on a hot day. If you know me at all (most of you do), you know that I'm not the most outgoing person on the planet. So to be able to be completely comfortable talking with these girls every week is really saying something about them. I claim that I go every week for Sadie to have some social interaction with the other kids, but really, I get as much - or more - out of it.

So thanks Becky, Amanda, and Corrye, for being my happy today. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is a great one. I love letting the kids play and having actual adult conversations...so NICE! We need breaks like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel the way, are play group is the best.

    ReplyDelete