Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy {Day 88}

You know how some people thrive on routine, routine, routine? My mom calls them "creatures of habit." I know a lot of people like this, Kevin being one of them. Every time we go to Olive Garden, he orders fettucini alfredo. Every. Time. His exact words are, "why try something different and risk it not being good when I know this is good?"

Me? I order something different every time. Because I have to have just that little bit of change in my life. I like change. (To a degree. There are some things that I would rather just stay the same - usually the big stuff like having to move and meet new people, new callings...stuff like that.)

When it comes to the daily routines of my life, it drives me crazy to do the same things over and over again. I have to eat a different cereal for breakfast every day. I can't watch the same movie more than a few times without getting sick of it. I can never decide which I like better - long hair or short hair (which means I'm thinking of chopping mine again because...you guessed it - I need a change!). I like to try new recipes because I get tired of eating the same things over and over again. And I'm constantly rearranging furniture and decorations in my house because I get bored looking at the same thing for a long time.

So I like change. I like a fresh new "something" in my life every now and again, even if it's just a brand-new, yummy recipe for dinner. Change makes me happy!

So... am I the only one? Do YOU, my fellow blog readers, like change...or are you one of those creatures of habit? :) I'm really, truly interested!

9 comments:

  1. I like a good mixture. If I have a routine, then I'm more likely to accomplish something. However, if you look at my blog for instance, how many times have I changed that? And probably will again soon.... :S I'm always looking at ways to try to rearrange, fix, update, everything around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a creature of habit! I hate to have things change, when I know I like them a certain way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a creature of habit myself. I say those same things as Kevin when I go to a restaurant. In fact, I had a date tell me he wouldn't pay for my dinner unless I tried something new. I said fine, I'll pay for my own. He then paid :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...that totally depends on the situation. I like small changes, but sometimes I'm too indecisive to actually make them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Nat! That last post was me...I didn't realize it had me signed in as Steve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like change and trying new things. I get sick of the same recipes over and over. I like to be free to do what I want when I want. Jeremy likes habit, I think most Austins are. Sundays they do this... Wednesdays they do this... etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When it comes to Olive Garden I'm not a habit breaker! I try and get something different but I'm like Kevin- why try something new when I know I love the 5 Cheese Ziti al Forno! But anything else I'm all game for change! I get bored of the same old routine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both! I like what I like and I HATE change, but then when I am forced to change (like move or watch one of "Tim's" movies or eat something new {yes, I am exactly like Kevin :)}) I end up loving it...or at least liking it! :) In some cases I LOVE trying new things and having spontaneous adventures and in other cases I like consistency!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love change! I resist it but I LOVE it. Life is too boring if you do and eat the same things over and over. One thing I NEVER say if that I am bored. I have not said that in years. :)

    ReplyDelete