Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter, continued (and, of course, a happy)

No, our Easter wasn't ALL about the cute dresses. We did do other things.

For example, on Saturday we went to a big Easter egg hunt at a nearby park. I learned a few very important lessons. First, the entire community shows up to these things. Duh, Nat - you live in a small town now. Get with the program. :) There were so many kids!

Second, these events are very much "fend for yourself." They didn't even have different sections for big kids and little kids (that I could see). This means that Sadie just kind of wandered helplessly while giant 10-year old boys plowed her over to get to the Easter eggs.

Third, there will always be parents that allow their kids to grab as many eggs as they can hold despite the two-egg limit while my poor little 3-year old stares longingly at their huge pile of eggs. I seriously wanted to smack some people.

Anyways...

Here's Sadie, pre-hunt. This is her classic "I'm so excited I can't stand it" face:


And Ellie. She was pretty bored with the whole shindig: 

Later that evening we had an egg dying party. Sadie was so excited about the whole deal that she could hardly contain herself.

And I couldn't help but take at least 100 pictures. Here are some of my faves...


Ellie spent her time happily chomping on graham crackers. This kid is most happy when she's eating. :)


The colors, ready and waiting.

I LOVE this picture of Sadie waiting for the eggs. Look at those baby blues!

Ahh... well worth the wait.

S thought this picture was hilarious. Do you see why? (Look at her nose and lips through the glass.)

You'll never guess who made that blue egg. :)

The light was fading fast, but I did manage to get one more cool shot.

And I guess I have to put a happy at the end of this giant post, don't I? Today I'm happy to have modern technology. Really, what did I ever do before the days of internet and cell phones? I'm not quite sure...

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! And amen to modern tech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love ALL of these pictures! That is crazy about the Easter egg hunt! Poor Sadie :( I guess you know for next year! Maybe you can write in and complain (insert evil laugh here) :)

    ReplyDelete