Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy {Day 65}

img from here

Have you ever seen Blue's Clues? If you have a kid that falls anywhere in the toddler/preschooler category you probably have. Sadie loves it and we have the first three seasons saved on Netflix. And, since they sing the same songs on every episode, I have one certain one memorized. It goes like this:

Here's the mail, it never fails.
It makes me want to wag my tail.
When it comes I want to wail... maaaaaiiiiiiil!
 
You may think it sounds stupid, but trust me. Listen to it once and it will get stuck. in. your. head. 
 
Anyways, I sing it to Sadie almost every time we go out to check the mail. And you know what? Checking the mail would most certainly prompt my tail to wag... you know, if I had a tail.
 
I love getting mail. Good, old-fashioned snail mail. I love walking out to the mailbox, opening it up, and seeing an unfamiliar envelope or package that doesn't have a utility company or a credit card company stamped on it somewhere (yuck... we don't like that kind of mail).
 
Snail mail may be a thing of the past, but it still makes me happy to get it! (No, really. Thing of the past. I Googled "mail" in the image search box and 90 percent of the images that came up were related to email. Sad, sad, sad.)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE mail too! We got a bunch of packages today and it felt like Christmas. I think we should start up a snail mail friends group or something. Just so we can open that mail box and wag our tails! (I used to babysit a family waaayyy back in the day and we watched Blues Clues all the time. I still get "We just figured out blue's clues, we just figured out blue's clues, we just figured out blue's clues cause we're really smart!" stuck in my head randomly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthdays are the best because we usually get lots of fun mail! I hate when credit card companies disguise their mail to look like something fun too! Snail mail is a great happy!

    ReplyDelete