Okay...I have GOT to stop waiting until 11 pm to post these. :)
Today, my happy is my cousins. I've been blessed with a ton of cousins - on both my mom's side and my dad's side.
The cousins on my dad's side are almost all younger than me. In fact, I have a couple of cousins who are younger than Sadie. For a long time, they were all my "substitute" nieces and nephews (until I got real ones). Family get-togethers on that side of the family are crazy-fun just because there are so many kids running around. It's heaven for Sadie!
The cousins on my mom's side are almost all older than me. I LOVED family reunions growing up because it was like a big party with all of my fun cousins. And the best part is that many of us were friends outside of the family reunions - we had cousin sleepovers and attended each others' birthday parties. The thing that makes me happiest, though, is that I'm still close to some of these cousins. Tara and Camie are both doing 100 Days of Happy with me on their blogs and I love them for sticking with me through this. Ashlee (who is also just a day younger than me) got to be my next-door neighbor and attend the same ward as us for two whole years. She became one of my best friends during that time and I really miss her! And I have a bunch of other really cool cousins who I love to see at the yearly family reunion.
I know a lot of people aren't close to their cousins, so I'm especially grateful for mine. They most definitely make me happy.
You know Nat.....by making this post you have hearby committed yourself to being at the Allen Campout this summer so that you can see all of these said cousins!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! I am so happy that I made your blog ;) I really think it would be awesome if all the cousins made it to the camp out. Probably not realistic but it would be tons of fun!
ReplyDeleteWow this was nicer than Camie's! No one accused me of being mean :) This should be one of my happies....that you didn't say I was mean. You guys are so much fun. I love it!
ReplyDelete