Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy {Day 82} + Easter Dresses


Okay, I guess they're both actually skirts, not dresses. Ellie's was originally a pillowcase dress, but when it didn't fit, I cut off the top and made a simple skirt out of it. I didn't want to waste those cute little ruffles at the bottom.

Sadie's skirt is my favorite. (I used this tutorial.) I would have made a duplicate for Ellie, but Sadie's took me forEVER and knowing that Ellie will grow out of hers in a month, I didn't want to make the extra effort. 

I think it turned out pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself. :)

(She thinks so too.)


And today my happy is... Easter!

I love this holiday. The simple fact that Christ died and then rose again in three days makes me happy.

Oh, and the Easter candy is a perk too. ;)

8 comments:

  1. Good job Nat - They look darling! And turning Ellie's dress into a skirt was a great idea - definately shows your talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! What pattern did you use for Ellie's dress/skirt? Maybe I will get ambitious and try one for Halle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Natalie,
    What darlingly cute skirts. Of course, the two sweet little girls modeling them make the picture wonderfully complete!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love their skirts! Way to go Natalie! I love the roses on Sadie's shirt. So Proud of You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over how many teeth Ellie has! Love it! Also, kuddos on the skirts. You're FAR more domestic than I ever will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. GOODNESS! WAY cutie cute Easter dresses-ahem, skirts :) I LOVE THEM! You did an awesome job Nat! I am totally impressed! I love the fabric, I love the flowers, I love the ric-rac, I love the colors, okay, it's safe to say I love it all! :)

    Ps. Ya, those flowers are totally addicting! I, too, find myself wanting to put them anywere I can!

    ReplyDelete