Thursday, March 10, 2011

7 Months & Happy {Day 37}


First of all, Ellie turned 7 months old yesterday. Just for the record...

She has three teeth and her fourth one is almost in (finally).

As of yet, she hasn't met a solid food she doesn't love. We'll see if she feels the same way about finger foods. :)

I measured waists today for possible Easter dresses and discovered that Ellie's waist is only an inch smaller around than Sadie's. Yeah. Crazy.

She can happily sit up for hours without toppling, but she shows absolutely no interest in moving. I think we'll have another late crawler on our hands (which I'm totally okay with - it's that much longer until I have to babyproof!)

She has figured out how to clap her hands - not sideways, but she brings them together from the top and bottom. Does that make sense? Anyways, it's really cute.

She's also figured out how to throw a mini tantrum when something gets taken away from her. And so have started the first of many fight break-ups between Ellie and Sadie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And my (totally unrelated) "happy" today is our first official DIY furniture makeover. My parents gave us this old, beat-up dresser that used to be my sister's and we decided to "cute" it up for Sadie's room. I think I could very easily become addicted to this whole furniture re-do thing!

Before:
(This actually looks way better than it did when we got it. Think ugly, glossy stain and covered with half-peeled off stickers.)


And after:

4 comments:

  1. You didn't like my stickers?! I will have you know I got those stickers when I had strep throat and I was a good girl at the doctor's office. ;) Don't worry, I will forgive you though. It looks MUCH better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dresser looks great! Next project... the entertainment center. :) I want to see what you do with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! This is one of my favorite things, I am literally down to one more space I am trying to find the right piece of furniture to redo and then I have filled my whole entire house. I keep trying to tell Andy it's time to get a bigger house. He says I need a better reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so cute - good job! Can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete