Netflix.
This is where I admit that we're just about the only family in America that does NOT have TV. We have a TV, we just don't get TV. No cable. No KSL Channel 5. Nada. Do you know why? It's just a tiny bit expensive. And remember that house we recently purchased? And the mortgage payment we're now making? Yeah. No room in our budget for a $100-a-month cable bill.
But Netflix? Now there's a solution for you. It's not the same as having "real" TV, no. But it's close. Sadie's favorite kid's shows are all available through instant streaming to our TV. And any movie or TV series that's out on video can be sent to us in the mail.
And when it comes to the shows that are going on right now that we want to stay caught up on, we just watch them on the internet.
Easy peasy.
The best part is, little old Netflix is only $10 a month.
The one thing I totally miss out on is the daytime TV: Oprah, Good Things Utah, the Today Show... all that stuff. But you know, I think I'm better off. This way, it's much easier to turn the TV off and leave it off during the day. I like that. Gives me more time to stare at the computer instead. ;)

Don't worry Natalie--we are right along with you pretty much! We don't want to pay for cable either! Netflix is so much better. No commercials right?!!?
ReplyDeleteeasy peasy????
ReplyDeleteWe have cable at our house and I think we watch this more. I agree with this one...Maybe I will use it as one of mine. :)
ReplyDelete