Img from here
This show definitely deserves a spot on my happy list. It makes me laugh, it makes me cringe (I see way too much of myself in some of those teenage moments), and it almost always makes me cry. Sometimes just a little bit, and sometimes it's full-fledged tears running down my face. Not because it's sad, necessarily. I think I just identify with the characters too much... and then I cry when they cry. Something like that.
I think the reason I like it so much is because it's so real. Sure, they're all beautiful people with beautiful kids and beautiful, clean houses (it wouldn't be an American show without all that, right?). But it seems like the conflicts don't always work themselves out into a neat little package. There are a lot of "what really is the right thing to do?" kind of moments. Kind of like real parenthood - the answer to a problem is almost never black and white.
Plus, like my cousin Camie points out (she also had this show on her "happy" list), it's actually pretty clean compared to most shows on TV these days.
Anyways, that was probably way too much detail about one show. Point is, I like it. A lot. :)

I LOVE this show!!
ReplyDeleteYay I love this show. I was so disappointed that it wasn't a new episode this week.
ReplyDeleteTheir houses are beautiful and always clean aren't they...dang tv shows make me feel guilty!
I am totally missing out aren't I?, is it the first or second season? Can I reasonably catch up in the hour a day I have of free time and I already watch a TON of TV? I am always up for a good show.Because I am more than willing to replace Glee with this on my DVR. Yep :)
ReplyDelete