Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy {Day 29}

I've found a lot of great blogs during the three-ish years I've been doing this blogging thing, but there's one that's stuck around as one of my all-time favorites. It's called Segullah and yes, it's a bizarre name. Basically, it's a "literary" blog written by a big group of (very intimidatingly intelligent) Mormon women on just about every topic under the sun, from motherhood to serving in the church to the latest funny thing someone said. I don't know if it's just my love of reading really good writing, or that it makes me nostalgic for my English major days when I'd sit in classes and discuss really good writing, or that it inspires me to try to attempt to be a better writer - or maybe just a combination of all of the above - but I really, really love it.

Basically, it's just in my nature to be happy after reading a really thought-provoking, well-written anything.

Unfortunately, I don't visit as often as I'd like. Mostly because I know that clicking on that link will almost always mean at least 15 minutes out of my day. Those articles tend to just suck me right in.

If you have a few minutes (really, you don't have to read all the comments like I tend to do), you should go check out a few of my recent favorites:

The story told in This is the Tale of Two Parkers is one of the most incredible I have ever read. I got to the end and had chills coursing up and down my body. It's just... wow.

I could have written I Just Don't Have Time for That myself. It's so, so true! I often get these kinds of comments about blogging and it drives me crazy.

And Behold Your Little Ones is one of my favorites about motherhood because it points out that being a mother is one of the best ways to learn powerful lessons about our Savior and the Atonement.

3 comments:

  1. I read the 'I just don't have time for that' post. Lol. It's very true. I hate it when someone pulls the 'I spend my time wisely' type comments after I say something. Ugh. Next time I should just say congratulations you win, now on to something more important... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I read all of the articles and LOVED them! I know what you mean about loving to read good writing. That is one of the many reasons I love reading your blog. I'm not just saying that to be nice, or because I'm you're friend. You are one amazing writer, Nat!

    ReplyDelete