Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy {Day 34}

When it comes to baby food, I'm usually all about convenience and quickness. I bought jarred baby food for Sadie's entire babyhood and loved it. And I thought I was going to be the same way with Ellie (and the rest of my kids), until my parents gave us this baby:



A Ninja. (Pretend that I said that in a cool Samurai voice  - it adds to the effect.) It's kind of like one of those Magic Bullets you see on infomercials all the time, but bigger. A cross between a food processor and a blender, I guess. My mom and dad got one for Christmas last year and have never used it, so they donated it to us. And, as I'm sure you've probably guessed, I decided to tentatively try it out to make some baby food.

Awesome. Completely awesome.

It was so easy. I steamed the peas for a few minutes, roasted some sweet potatoes, stuck them each in the Ninja, and in about 20 seconds had perfect baby food. No chunks, no weird texture. It looked almost exactly like the Gerber stuff. I am so excited.

I just love it when something that I was so not expecting to work out, does.

And seeing all these neatly little portioned out servings of fresh, homemade baby food (and knowing that all that only cost me about $3.00) most definitely makes me happy.


(I found the ice cube tray idea on the internet. There is no shortage of websites and blogs about this, so it turns out!)

5 comments:

  1. Sweet! We just bought ice cube trays on Saturday so I can freeze some stuff. I LOVE this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that for Z with a stick blender and loved it only I didn't freeze it because our freezer burns everything. Sooo much cheaper.

    Now if they could just come up with a way to make your own formula... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'm going to be doing the homemade stuff, but sort of dreading using our gigantic blender. Guess we'll see how that works out. Wish I had a Ninja!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! I was lazy with Zachy too until a few months ago...wish I had started makin' the good stuff from the beginning! Oh, and I saw "Deceptively Delicious" in the corner of the pic...gotta love that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I love that your M&D regifted it to you. Funny! I think this is brilliant. Way to go Nat.
    PS - have you tried the Magic Bullet? I have heard great things.

    ReplyDelete