Ellie came down with another cold a few days ago (spring, where are you?!). It's been pretty nasty and last night she woke up at 2:30 am with a coughing fit that would not stop. It wasn't a scary cough, just a dry, irritated cough that would occur about every four seconds. For an hour, I rocked her and listened to her cough... breathe for four seconds... cough... four seconds... cough... and then start crying because she was so tired and obviously couldn't go back to sleep. Poor kid. Broke my heart.
After trying everything possible on my radar to help for coughs (and wishing over and over that someone would figure out how to make a cough medicine for babies), I finally woke Kevin up so he could give her a blessing.
Within ten minutes, her cough had tapered off enough that she could zonk for the rest of the night.
So Priesthood blessings (and the fact that I have an amazing, Priesthood-worthy husband) make me very happy!
![]() |
| I tried to get an authentic, sad, sick-faced picture, but the girl would do nothing but grin at me. I admire her determination to be in a good mood despite feeling crummy. She didn't get it from me! |

I am so glad you chose this as a Happy. I am sure this will pop up somewhere in my next 49 posts. It is truly amazing to have such a wonderful tool in our homes.
ReplyDeleteThis gave me goosebumps. Love this one!
ReplyDelete