I've been browsing through all my old CDs tonight, looking for some of my favorite songs to add to my MP3 player. And what did I find?
My old burned mixes from when I was a teenager!
(Yes, I was one of those kids who downloaded free music from the internet.)
Hearing some of these songs takes me straight back to Jr. High and High School. Love it! Cheesy late-90s music makes me so happy. :)
Care to reminisce with me?
First, we have the Dixie Chicks - one of my favorite bands ever. My 9th grade math teacher's name was Mr. Earl (and he made me crazy), so naturally this song was a fave:
Then, what kind of 90s teenager would I be if I hadn't listened to Backstreet Boys? I'm not ashamed. I loved them. :)
My old burned mixes from when I was a teenager!
(Yes, I was one of those kids who downloaded free music from the internet.)
Hearing some of these songs takes me straight back to Jr. High and High School. Love it! Cheesy late-90s music makes me so happy. :)
Care to reminisce with me?
First, we have the Dixie Chicks - one of my favorite bands ever. My 9th grade math teacher's name was Mr. Earl (and he made me crazy), so naturally this song was a fave:
Then, what kind of 90s teenager would I be if I hadn't listened to Backstreet Boys? I'm not ashamed. I loved them. :)
And finally, Savage Garden's "I Knew I Loved You" never fails to take me back to church Stake dances, complete with darkened gyms, disco balls, and the smell of sweaty, nervous teenagers. Ah, the memories. :)
(However, I do still love the words of this song and I may end up putting the main line on the wall in the nursery.)
Gotta love those stake/region dances... I still remember when some songs came out because of a certain dance event with one playing. Unfortunately I think my mixes were put on tape... Do tape decks exist anymore?
ReplyDeleteThose are classics! Thanks for the laugh today!
ReplyDeleteAwesome. I Knew I Loved You Before I Met YOu is our wedding song...totally fits me and Mike right?
ReplyDeleteBrings back some good memories!!! I still love backstreet boys. Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDeleteSo I totally have all of these CD's! Love that kind of music and I still sing along with all of this stuff when it pops up on my iPod!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
I wish you knew how much I love this post.
ReplyDeleteI am older than you and they played these at the Stake dances, what the heck????
ReplyDelete