Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy {Day 46}

(Err... skipped a day again. Pretend I posted this yesterday.)

I really, really love being a wife and mother. It's my whole life and I wouldn't trade it for the world. But every once in awhile it's nice to go "home" - to my childhood home - and play daughter. I love going home to the house I know like the back of my hand. I love the memories associated with being there. And, I'm going to just straight-out confess, I love that my parents happily take over some of the responsibilities of caring for my kids so I can relax a little bit.

I got to do all this for three straight days this weekend due to Kevin being obsessed with wanting to watch March Madness on my parent's big TV. Despite the fact that it was a crappy week for basketball (you may want to avoid the topic of the Aggies around my husband for the next couple of weeks), it was great to spend time with my parents.

Going home makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. And we LOVED having you here for 3 straight days - love you, love Kevin and love those sweet grand-daughters of ours!

    ReplyDelete