Saturday, March 5, 2011
Happy {Day 32}
Before you think I'm crazy for posting a picture of my kitchen sink, let me explain. My friend, Becky, is a big fan of this website called FlyLady. She always talks about how helpful it is, so I checked it out awhile ago. It's basically like a super cheery, super upbeat (maybe even a little annoyingly so) website dedicated to cleaning and organizing your home.
I have to admit, I haven't followed all the steps. But I have taken FlyLady's very first beginner baby step to heart. And that's... yep. You guessed it. Keeping your kitchen sink clean. Her theory is that a clean sink cheers you up and makes your whole house feel cleaner. And guess what? It works!
Now, here's where I'm going to come clean and tell you all that my house is very, very rarely a sparkling picture of cleanliness. A certain 3-year old daughter of mine prides herself on being Little Miss DESTRUCTO and it's impossible to keep up with her messes. If I know you're coming to visit, chances are I've gone on a whirlwind pick-up-the-crap spree so it doesn't look too bad. But if you just drop in on me without warning, watch out. I've heard that it's easier to keep a "new" house clean, but whoever said that obviously didn't have my daughter living with them!
I will say, though, that if I pay more attention to keeping my sink clean, I'm a little more okay with the rest of the mess. Sounds weird, but I promise it's true.
So there you go. Clean sinks make me happy.
Who knew? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have to admit I doubt that I would care if my kitchen sink was/is clean. Does this really work? What if your cabinets are still messy? The floor?
ReplyDeleteI agree! I always make sure the dishes are clean and put away and have a clean sink before I get into my day. It makes the whole day more productive somehow.
ReplyDeleteWe have had "flylady" demonstrations in Relief Society a couple of times - not "the" flylady, but Karen Lang. She swears by it and has tried to motivate our ward a couple of times to keep their sink clean if nothing else. I'm a big believer in clean sinks and no dirty dishes laying around - yes Tara, it really works!
ReplyDeleteHey my sister told me about that a few years ago, and it is so true!! I LOVE a clean kitchen sink!
ReplyDelete