Thursday, March 17, 2011

First Haircut and Happy {Day 44}

We FINALLY got Sadie's hair cut yesterday. She's been needing a trim for months and months, but I'm kind of attached to the last of her baby curls, which have been hanging on at the very ends. Her hair has been looking really scraggly lately, though, so I sucked it up and we made our first journey to Cookie Cutters (a cute kids-only salon) for a trim.

Here's her hair before. See how it's grown in a weird v-shape? Yeah, that really needed to go!



Here's our cute girl mid-cut. She had no protest whatsoever about the whole process. In fact, she's asked me if we can go back again. :)



And this is after. The cute stylist gave her a princess braid AND sprayed it with princess glitter hair spray. Sadie was in heaven.



This is what it looked like after we took the braid out. Much better.



One more. She looks so grown-up to me in this picture.


(Can this be my happy today? Let's see...not having stringy, uneven ends on Sadie's hair anymore makes me happy! Oh, and she was totally happy to be getting a haircut, which in turn makes me happy. How's that for a stretch? :))

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the haircut Sadie! Her hair looks so full and thick with it evened out! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love these pictures. I need to come spend a day with you after I buy your camera, so I can take a picture like you. She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete